PDA

View Full Version : She's hammering

Sinzibuckwud
04-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Not sure why today is different, but sap flow on the 3\16 is way up 1.5 gpt so far. Only been getting .25 - .5 gpt for a couple weeks now and a lot of sap was getting milky before the freeze up. Test pot confired it's good, not surprised lot of buds are still tight out in the woods and anything facing north is still snowpack. The boy ain't gonna like hearing "more wood" :lol:
Boiling to May.... Let's do it!

CampHamp
04-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Nice run for you up there!

Real slow for me today in southern NH. I thought it would be one of those end-of-year gushers because is 50F after two nights in the 20s... I am using check valves, but I think the taps are closing up earlier this year for some reason than in years past. I face north, so will keep my bait in the water another day to see what happens.

Sinzibuckwud
04-12-2018, 04:04 AM
I was heading out to pull the rest of my taps lol buckets are done and yard trees are also pulled. Any taps that were in the sun had quite a bit of bacteria buildup, any taps in predominantly shade show white clean wood. Pretty amazing for my first year tubing seeing the tap holes last so long, tapped febuary 11 running hard April 11.. color me convinced.
2 gpt when I checked last night, it's 29 now... Let's see what she does today, it's going to stay warm till Saturday night probably putter off till then. i will see what happens till Tuesday then I'm throwing in the towel. Juggling maple and the greenhouses is making for some long days and I can hear the trout calling my name.
Using stubby with clear spouts and 3\16 drops on max flow 50 tubing.