PDA

View Full Version : 2x6. Evaporator...which one?

butler
04-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Hoping to purchase a new 2x6 evsporator... any recommendations...best prices? Etc

Tapped Out
04-10-2018, 09:18 PM
We have a sunrise and really like it. It is a combo flue pan- both raised and drop. Ours is a 2x8, but they make a 2x6 as well.

Havingfun
04-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Interested in the string and following.

Russell Lampron
04-12-2018, 07:08 PM
I bought a W.F. Mason air tight arch for my 2x6 pans this year. I'm really impressed with the increase in efficiency that I got with it. He can build you a complete evaporator and his prices are reasonable.

n8hutch
04-12-2018, 07:30 PM
What's your Budget like? You could spend 10k on a Fancy 2x6 with stainless steel arch stack hoods and pans with things like same side reverse Air Tight Fronts , Blowers/Forced Draft and temp gauges and sight glasses, or you could buy a nice simple Rig that you have to reverse the pan manually and or move Floats and change sides to Draw with galvanized arch and stack for probably as little as 5k, All the company's make nice entry level Rigs you just have to decide how Fancy you want it or What is a good Value to you.

I THINK Lappiere and D&G make some nice Rigs, I also have a friend that Has A Smokey Lake Silver Plate and that is an awesome little Evaporator. If you ever think you want to boil concentrate you may want to get a little more than the average syrup pan of 2ft

Austin351
04-12-2018, 08:03 PM
We have a sunrise and really like it. It is a combo flue pan- both raised and drop. Ours is a 2x8, but they make a 2x6 as well.

I don't own one but from what I have seen on the internet / Youtube, the Sunrise Metals evaporators look very nice.

McKenney Maples
04-12-2018, 09:20 PM
I have a mason arch for my 2x8 but had a mason 2x4 raised flue I ran for 7 years and a 2x3 mason flat pan for 5 or so years before that. Bill does good work and has good prices. I’ve seen a few of his 2x6’s running over the years, they are a nice unit. I also think Smoky Lake makes a really nice 2x6, but with all the options it gets pricey.

motowbrowne
04-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Check out Thor evaporators too. When I was shopping they had some very good prices and nice rigs. I'd think since you're in Ontario, it's gonna make more sense to buy a Canadian cooker than something from the US.