PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Syrup

Mille705
04-04-2018, 04:56 PM
First of all not sure this is the correct forum for this question but this was s where I am going to start. How do you ship jugs and bottles of syrup? I have some family across the country and would like to ship them some. Mostly quart bacon jugs and 12oz glass oval jars. How would you do it. Thanks.

jimmygarison
04-04-2018, 05:00 PM
FedEx is best place for you.

dogpatch
04-04-2018, 05:28 PM
I shipped some to Florida using USPS flat rate box.

mainebackswoodssyrup
04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Second USPS flat rate due to the weight of syrup and shipping. I’d advise against shipping glass. Either way use bubble wrap and pack the boxes right.

MISugarDaddy
04-04-2018, 06:46 PM
We only ship plastic also and also use USPS flat rate boxes.
Gary

maple flats
04-05-2018, 06:17 AM
I ship routinely all across the country, I use USPS flat rate for most, with the smallest orders going USPS priority in a postal #4 box. The only glass I ship is my bourbon barrel aged syrup, so far I've had no reports of it getting there damaged or broken. I have however had 2 or 3 medium flat rate boxes where 1 or both half gal jugs did not survive or were missing. If that happens, just file a claim. They cover the first $50 no charge, if you want to insure higher you pay.
I used to ship larger orders FedEx (most were 4 gal in a box) but they had too many damaged shipments and they charged more than when I shipped 4 medium flat rate by USPS each with 2 half gal jugs. I still have a FedEx account but have not used them in at least 4 years, maybe 5.
For USPS, if you will only have one or 2 shipments, just go to the P.O. but if you get into shipping routinely I suggest you set up an acct. with USPS. Then you arrange pick up and print labels on your computer and they pick up at your place , no charge if with normal mail delivery and you get a 10% discount. If you start shipping a lot, I suggest you design a web site in Word Press and get Woo Commerce, with that you earn an even larger discount on shipping.

GreyMoose
04-06-2018, 11:55 PM
First of all not sure this is the correct forum for this question but this was s where I am going to start. How do you ship jugs and bottles of syrup? I have some family across the country and would like to ship them some. Mostly quart bacon jugs and 12oz glass oval jars. How would you do it. Thanks.I ship glass quarts and pints in medium USPS flat rate boxes. I have polystrene inserts that fit my bottles perfectly and have passed UPS drop test standards. If you have standard size you always send in the flat rate box you can probably get a decent price for them. If interested I can post some pictures of mine and get some rough pricing for you. Just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wnybassman
04-07-2018, 05:59 AM
I think the best deal going is the Regional Flat Rate "A" boxes through USPS. They fit two quart jugs perfectly. These boxes can only be ordered (free) from the USPS site, and I think you will need to do Click-n-Ship on them as well. I have never paid more than $10 shipping for two quarts and many times it is just over $7

Urban Sugarmaker
04-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Regional rate A and B boxes are what I use too. I just shipped 3 quarts in jugs with a B box. $10.65 I think.

Sugarmaker
04-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Yep, USPS flat rate boxes work well. I have them order some 7 x 7 x 6 boxes for me. (hum maybe they are 6 x 6 x 7 inch?) I place the plastic syrup containers inside a plastic bag too.
Regeards,
Chris