PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator placement

StephensMountainVermont
03-30-2018, 09:12 AM
Just wondering if there is a specific way you have to place your evaporator for better draft I know it depends on your location but all the sugar houses within 5 miles of me all of face East didn't know if there was some reason for this ..moving to different Sugar House

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

wiam
03-30-2018, 09:46 AM
With forced draft I see no reason to be concerned with orientation.

johnallin
03-30-2018, 11:03 AM
Mine faces North...just the way it worked out with drive up to it. Sometimes I wish it faced South though. This time of year; that's a Cold Wind blowing through those doors.
Also kicks up a lot of wood dust, which is the reason I try to keep the floor wet. If your stack is adequate (tall enough to create a good draw) the orientation won't make any difference. Happy Easter.

StephensMountainVermont
03-30-2018, 11:08 AM
Mine faces North...just the way it worked out with drive up to it. Sometimes I wish it faced South though. This time of year; that's a Cold Wind blowing through those doors.
Also kicks up a lot of wood dust, which is the reason I try to keep the floor wet. If your stack is adequate (tall enough to create a good draw) the orientation won't make any difference. Happy Easter.Thank you Yes I have 8-10 ft I can stick above roof line .. Happy Easter also

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Haynes Forest Products
03-30-2018, 10:34 PM
I think direction is a wives tale. Just like keeping your diesel truck pointed away from the wind so it will stay warmer. :confused:

Now if your going to have big barn doors open during firing because of the wood pile them yes a little planning will be handy so the prevailing winds wont be a problem BUT in a closed building how doe it know?