PDA

View Full Version : It's over

georgelineman
03-27-2018, 08:12 AM
Pulled all taps yesterday in Orange County southeast NY finishing up what was left in the evap. starting clean up . May have been our best year in the eight years sugaring but still have to tally up the numbers. All the best to our friends in the North Country for the rest of the season.
george.

Run Forest Run!
03-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear you had a great year. I'm anxious to hear your final numbers! Now that you are done with it, send some of that sap north. ;)

backyardsugarer
03-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Slow flow so it is time to pull the plug, last boil tonight and then clean up time.

Michael Greer
03-28-2018, 06:37 AM
It may be over but I'm not done yet. Had a tooth pulled yesterday and it cost me a whole day. Feels pretty good this morning so I'll be back at it.

Jonnie Maple
03-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Did my last boil today. Taps are drying up and wood is running low. Could possibly boil again on Tues., but that would mean sap sitting in tank for 6 days, not going to chance it.

ponderingjunkman
03-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Me too, I'm done as of today. No containers, no more wood, and no flow without a freeze last night.

Michael Greer
03-28-2018, 08:15 PM
We're not done up North. The sap we brought in today was beautiful and finally got above 3%.

Eberzin
04-01-2018, 10:13 AM
Done! Last boil was the 28th. I was pulling syrup more frequently off the pan, and ended up with more each day for the last 4 boils. I suspect the sap was the sweetest it has been all year. Very dark syrup at the end here. Pulled my buckets yesterday and will bottle this week. The numbers for the year will be probably one of the best yet except for the low sugar content most of the season.