PDA

View Full Version : gimm wood saver do they work

white mt
07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
dose any one have a wood saver ? do you think it saves wood ,and evaporats moor sap.dose it make your stack burn to hot.

brookledge
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm assuming you are refering to a blower. If that is the case then Yes blowers will increase you efficiency. Adding more oxygen will cause better and more complete combustion and you will see an increase in production.
If you go back in previous post it has been discussed alot.
Keith

white mt
07-27-2007, 08:51 AM
hi yes I was talking about a blower . sound like they are well worth the price. the boil should be alot better with one.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
07-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Wood saver works great and even better with an airtight front!

brookledge
07-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Yea as Brandon said, they work better with air tight fronts.I forgot to mention that. Otherwise you will get sparks and ash out of the crack between the two doors if the gap is too wide. Some producers have made there doors air tight afterwards. That topic was discussed in previous post.
Keith

ennismaple
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
We use an old exhaust fan that my father took out of a barn when it was being re-wired. We had to put a dimmer switch on it because it'll burn so well the pans boil over without it.

220 maple
07-31-2007, 12:13 PM
White Mt.
You can make your own, We use a squirrel cage fan for a blower, You can find them at flea markets. They are usually stripped from oil burning furnaces. Ours sets underneath and at the back of the arch. The duct work hooks into the fire box beneath the grates. The only thing bad about it is we have to turn it off everytime we fire the evaporator. Also there is very little ashes left in the evaporator after each boil. They go out the stack!
Mark 220 Maple