PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Leak

Z/MAN
03-26-2018, 10:23 PM
I have one 3/16 line that has a vacuum leak that I can hear. It is coming from where the tap is installed in the tree. I have tapped it in more but it does not make a difference. Anyone have any tips on how to get this tap to seal. It has caused me to lose all vacuum in this line. Silicone or plumbers putty?:lol::lol:

motowbrowne
03-26-2018, 10:30 PM
I have one 3/16 line that has a vacuum leak that I can hear. It is coming from where the tap is installed in the tree. I have tapped it in more but it does not make a difference. Anyone have any tips on how to get this tap to seal. It has caused me to lose all vacuum in this line. Silicone or plumbers putty?:lol::lol:

In that situation sometimes I pull it out and then try reseating it. Sometimes I just try a couple more taps with a hammer. If that doesn't work, I pull the tap out and plug it on the T or else cut it out and put a straight connector in its place. Sucks losing a tap, but it sucks even more losing vacuum on the rest of them.

SSFLLC
03-27-2018, 04:50 AM
The tree is hollow just pull tap and remove from line

spud
03-27-2018, 05:29 AM
You could tap somewhere else on the tree in hopes of finding good wood. When that happens to me I will tap way below the lateral line and usually find some good wood. If that does not work then just pull it.

Spud

Z/MAN
03-27-2018, 09:51 PM
I removed and plugged the spile. Within minutes the vacuum shot right up.

Cedar Eater
03-27-2018, 10:02 PM
The only thing that I have heard to try is teflon thread tape around the spile, but that will not help with a hollow tree. Pulling the tap was probably the wise choice.