PDA

View Full Version : Syrup pan placement continuous flow set up

sticbow
03-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Why wouldn't you run the longer flat pan with dividers over the fire box and your syrup pan at the back closer to the stack?
Seems more efficient to me.
What am I missing?

ecolbeck
03-17-2018, 12:35 PM
Part of it may have to do with the fact that earlier pan designs were drop flue and the flues would have interfered with the firebox. I suspect that raised flue designs need the ramp at the back of the firebox to force the fire upward into the flues and that wouldn't occur if the flue pan was in front.

prairietapper
03-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Why wouldn't you run your longer pan over the fire box and your syrup pan at the back closer to the stack?
Seems more efficient to me.
What am I missing?
a, pretty sure that since the heat is made in front there is more heat in the front. the flue pans have more surface area with either dropped or raised flues. SO if you were trying to finish at the back where there is less heat. I suspect you would reach the point where you had sweet just kind of stacking up in the pans hindered by the slower finish at the back. leaving you with a mess. but that is just my first thoughts on it.
the other factors mentioned are valid too

sticbow
03-17-2018, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my original question. Edited!
I understand why you wouldn't put a flue pan over the fire box.
I'm looking at putting a divide flat pan over the fire box and the syrup pan at the stack.
Just running the pans so the longer one is over the fire where the temp is the hottest. Hotter in the front and cooler in the back like Prarietapper said.
Thanks