03-13-2018, 12:08 PM
https://brandless.com/products/organic-maple-syrup:o

Woodsrover
03-13-2018, 12:58 PM
$3 for 6.7oz. Pretty cheap....

prairietapper
03-13-2018, 01:17 PM
DO not even try to compete. sell local.
Sams club also sells it cheap. Canadian syrup for far less than the Canadian set price. I have no idea if it is liquidation of old stock or what. but it is cheeeeaap. about 12 a qt

blaircountysugarin85
03-13-2018, 02:28 PM
I saw that also and thought the same thing. Heck the glass bottle is probably over $1 each if you tried to bottle with that. I sell locally to those who want it and i am not the cheapest by far but I don't make money either. At best I recoup my investment for the year and have a little aside to go into the next year's supplies and maintenance. I make about 15 gallons a year. Some people say you know I can get it cheaper at the grocery store and i say go have at it.

maple flats
03-13-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't try to compete with anyone on my maple syrup. My customers refer others to me or to my web site. That and repeat customers does the trick. I sell all of my grade A production retail, with the exception of one reseller who has bought from me at 15% off retail from since my very early days. He buys $300-450 in each order and pays on delivery.

bowtie
03-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Last week in our local penny saver, there was an advertisement for maple syrup $8 a quart, 1 gallon for $30 and a discount if you buy in bulk, i.e. 5 or more gallons. They listed pints and half gallons also but I honestly can't remember what they were but it was cheap. It was an Amish producer but I have friend who told me very similar prices at a Mennonite farm. I don't have any problem with them selling at whatever they want but I think they are short changing themselves. I sell mine at $14 a quart, $45 for a gallon, and some think that is "cheap",some bigger producers with pancake houses sell for $50-$55 a gallon, and $16-$18 a quart. just goes to show that the prices are all the over the board.

Road's End
03-13-2018, 06:56 PM
DO not even try to compete. sell local.
Sams club also sells it cheap. Canadian syrup for far less than the Canadian set price. I have no idea if it is liquidation of old stock or what. but it is cheeeeaap. about 12 a qt

I sold 2 quarts to a friend of mine after he made the mistake of buying that junk. I'm guessing it was the bottom of the barrel, can't sell it anywhere else, syrup. He said it was the worst maple syrup he's ever had. :lol:

maple flats
03-13-2018, 07:22 PM
I sell my gallons at $52 (and $27 half gal, because I put 2 in a medium flat rate box which is then shipped for less than what they can get a gal jug shipped for) and qts at $17. They sell well at those prices. I have not changed my prices in 5 years. 6 yrs ago Gal were $54, half gal $29 and Qts $18.

prairietapper
03-13-2018, 07:44 PM
I sold 2 quarts to a friend of mine after he made the mistake of buying that junk. I'm guessing it was the bottom of the barrel, can't sell it anywhere else, syrup. He said it was the worst maple syrup he's ever had. :lol:
I bought some in December we were completely out of even our personal stock. it was watered down. the flavor was okay but again it was watered down, I still have some. I should warm it to 60 and do a cold test