PDA

View Full Version : The sugarhouse at Morningstar Farm 2018

morningstarfarm
03-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Well, better late than never I guess..I am alive.. I haven't even had time to look at my computer to see how everyone's season is going..signed in and have 15 pages of new posts..ugh..This year has been a roller coaster ride for sure...strange weather swings and all.. too many trees down to count..took 4 of us 3 days to get everything cleaned up and back up.
I'm up and running and have made about 125 gals so far..mostly dark but tonight's 3000 gal boil lightened at the end almost to amber
we'll have to see what the next boil brings..finished up and ran to shut down the sugarbushes for snowmageddon and had 600 gals back in the tank..
so I guess we will be boiling as soon as i can filter and finish the 45 gals i did tonight...I'll try to get back and go into more detail tomorrow during the storm..
be safe

eustis22
03-13-2018, 06:37 AM
Welcome back, Chris.

morningstarfarm
03-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Took a mental health day today..should have been finishing the 50 gals from last night but my old bod needed a break..thank you Mother Nature...looking forward to the next couple days runs...

backyard sugaring
03-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Good to see you are doing well. We will try to stop up and see you on Sunday during maple weekend. Lee