PDA

View Full Version : What did they do to the Forum

Mike G
03-03-2018, 04:55 AM
This new format is just unworkable for me. What did you do to Mapletrader.com

BAP
03-03-2018, 06:39 AM
This new format is just unworkable for me. What did you do to Mapletrader.com
What are you talking about? Nothing has changed.

sugarsand
03-03-2018, 07:21 AM
Think he's talking about having to go back up to threaded view and click on the next post each time, not a fan of it myself, but not a big deal.

wiam
03-03-2018, 07:26 AM
What are you talking about? Nothing has changed.

I see no difference.

bigschuss
03-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Not sure what the OP is talking about? But maybe there's a difference as sugarsand mentioned. Even so...."unworkable?" :confused:

carter
03-04-2018, 07:35 AM
When I joined the forum was difficult to read due to the default setup. The default was the newest post first, so it made reading older threads difficult. You can change it in your settings.

http://mapletrader.com/community/profile.php?do=editoptions

In the "Thread Display Options", you can change it to "Linear - Oldest first" and that helped for me.

Haynes Forest Products
03-04-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm as stupid as they come and I believe there should be a 7 day waiting period for smart phones but even I have been able to get around.

Now if I didn't have to log in 5 times during a 1 hour session I'd would be happy but I'm sure its just ONE CLICK AWAY

maple flats
03-04-2018, 10:16 AM
I also use the oldest post first, set it how you want it. As for having to check back in, I have no issues. I don't know what your problem could be. It must somehow be in what your settings are. Try to look at what you have the settings at and experiment to find what you want.
When you log in, click on "settings" across the top towards the right. In settings scroll down to "general settings". I suspect you need to change something in there.
To see the posts oldest 1st, click on linear, oldest first. experiment with the other settings to decide which you like best, you have total control of those settings, within the limits set in the choices.

Cedar Eater
03-04-2018, 07:44 PM
He might be referring to the change in look caused by the "unsafe scripts". In my Chrome browser, the forums suddenly started showing up without graphic formatting. I had to click on a shield shaped thing up on the top menu bar that said "This page is trying to load scripts from an unauthenticated source." I then had to click on a link that said "Load unsafe scripts" to get the forums to look normal.

Clinkis
03-04-2018, 08:17 PM
I think if you look at the fact that the OP is a new maple trader we are most likely dealing with a Troll.

bigschuss
03-05-2018, 05:57 AM
I think if you look at the fact that the OP is a new maple trader we are most likely dealing with a Troll.

Could be. If so, the laziest troll ever. Joined the forum in 2010. Took him 8 years to think of something trollish to say.

Clinkis
03-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Interesting. Hadn’t noticed that. Still seems like a very odd and random post.

sugarsand
03-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Not sure but the OP may have been talking about the tread format. Give the guy a chance before bashing him. My format changed to tree where I had to go back and click on each post to read it, which I didnt like as well. With Maple Flats suggestion I switched it back to linear, this whole thing was minor issue.

KJamesJR
03-05-2018, 09:13 AM
When I joined the forum was difficult to read due to the default setup. The default was the newest post first, so it made reading older threads difficult. You can change it in your settings.

http://mapletrader.com/community/profile.php?do=editoptions

In the "Thread Display Options", you can change it to "Linear - Oldest first" and that helped for me.

Thank you. I’ve been trying to figure this out forever.