PDA

View Full Version : It will be a limited season for me

Cedar Eater
03-03-2018, 01:01 AM
I'm trying to build a new house at my deer hunting property, sell my current house and sugarbush, keep it heated with firewood in the meantime, deal with the recent passing of my father and the inheritance related issues that is causing, and still make some syrup. I've only tapped 22 trees this year and so far I've only cooked about 25 gallons of sap. So I'm still here, but I won't be as active as I was in the past. Maybe next season will find me living in my new house at my new sugarbush and with significantly fewer responsibilities and distractions. I hope everyone has a good season.

heus
03-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Best of luck to you.

Snappyssweets
03-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Best of Luck Cedar, sorry to hear about the passing of your father and the nightmare that entails. I am familiar with it because my Mother in law passed this last summer and the wife and I have dealt with it. House hunting if your not building is a nightmare in and of itself. Told my wife when we sell this one, I will build only, never again will I ever deal with house hunting. I will buy the property and deal with the permitting and such that as sad as it is to say is less of a headache.

Look forward to your return next season with new focus and energy. Be safe.

MISugarDaddy
03-04-2018, 04:48 AM
You definitely have a full plate to deal with this year. Loosing a parent is never easy and especially with the aftermath that follows with the inheritance distribution. Been there and done that and I am glad to be free of that responsibility. Hopefully it won't ruin any of your relationships with your family. Where are you moving to and how far is that from your present location? Good luck with everything.
Gary

Cedar Eater
03-04-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm only moving about 1/2 hour away from my current house to Spruce, MI, but the terrain difference is incredible. Going from sandy rolling forest with some open upland hardwoods to clayey low marginal farmland with a thick brushy woodlot. I found enough red maples to feed my addiction and last fall I found a single 2" sugar maple. There must be a parent tree around somewhere, but until I get to spend enough time there, my odds of finding it are pretty low. There's also one silver maple and some freemans there.