PDA

View Full Version : Pumping from roadside collection tank to haul tank

MDR Maple
03-02-2018, 06:13 AM
Hi all,

I'm pumping from a roadside 55 gal collection tank with a 750 gph 12 v bilge seaflo bilge pump into a vehicle mounted 55 gal haul tank. Both tanks are on their side with a cutout, plugged with a 5 gallon bucket. Both buckets have screw top lids. I tried using 3/4" dia. HDPE potable water tubing for the discharge hose but it is too inflexible to be wrestling with that at the side of the road. What pump discharge hose material do you use? How do those using submersible pumps keep things clean?

wurmdert
03-02-2018, 06:17 AM
I havnt purchased any yet, but everyone raves about the blue tigerflex hose. I would think that after each collection you could just pump a little fresh water from a pail through the hose and be good. Maybe even hot water if you got it.

buckeye gold
03-02-2018, 06:41 AM
I have a 1500 GPH bilge pump that I like. I too have the stiff hose and next year I will have something else. So I am watching this thread. As far as cleaning I just drop it in a 5 gallon bucket of tap water and when that is gone I consider it flushed. If I think it needs it I'll put a bit of bleach in the water. I only flush it if it is going to sit between runs, If I'm collecting everyday I will only flush once a week. My head tank doesn,t hold but 50 gallons so I leave my bilge in the transport tank and run it periodically to fill the head tank. At the end of the day I pull it and make sure the pipe and pump is drained and sit in down in a clean bucket. At season end I treat all my tanks with a bleach bath, all I do is drop the the bilge pump in and run that through it and let dry, bag in a garbage bag and store.

Haynes Forest Products
03-02-2018, 06:55 AM
OK guys I'm going to say this real slow so everyone can hear me T.......I......G.....R.....F.....L.....E......X That's it that's all I can say

maple maniac65
03-02-2018, 07:10 AM
ok guys i'm going to say this real slow so everyone can hear me t.......i......g.....r.....f.....l.....e......x that's it that's all i can say

s p e l l c h e c k ��

Sugarmaker
03-02-2018, 07:29 PM
I need to look into that. I am using pool hose which has been great for durability but not great for cleaning.
Regards,
Chris

Asa Matras
03-02-2018, 08:08 PM
We use tigerflex for all our portable pump hose. Its awesome stuff.

Chasefamily
04-06-2018, 10:52 AM
How does the standard H tigerflex compare to the tigerflex BW series?