PDA

View Full Version : replacing taps

squirrel
03-01-2018, 07:22 AM
I have an area in my woods were I installed new tubing last year.Do to an unusaly early start last year I did not finish the install. There are a lot of droplines that were installed but never used.My question is should I replace the taps on these droplines even though they were never used, just hanging in the woods for a year?:confused:

Haynes Forest Products
03-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Flies pooped on them. :o i say use them and get back on track next year......how many we talking.

squirrel
03-01-2018, 07:15 PM
Flies pooped on them. :o i say use them and get back on track next year......how many we talking.

3 or 4 hundred

Haynes Forest Products
03-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Were only talking $150.00 in taps and the cut off labor. so its a trade off of possibly more production over the cost of the taps.

Russell Lampron
03-02-2018, 05:35 AM
I would use them because I don't think that they would be impregnated with bacteria because they never had sap in them. Years ago we used to use the same taps for up to 5 years before changing them out. Of course we lost production every year because of it but they stayed in the woods and we used them.

squirrel
03-02-2018, 07:13 AM
I would use them because I don't think that they would be impregnated with bacteria because they never had sap in them. Years ago we used to use the same taps for up to 5 years before changing them out. Of course we lost production every year because of it but they stayed in the woods and we used them.

thats what I am thinking, its more of a time thing than the cost of new taps.

VT_K9
03-02-2018, 07:16 AM
The taps were not used therefore the obvious issues of reuse are not there. I am sure some may have micro level thingies, but at this point it is probable not worth the labor this year.

Mike