PDA

View Full Version : cdl horizontal releaser?

Dill
02-26-2018, 07:28 PM
Anyone running one? There is a new one up at the Lancaster store for a decent price. However the sales guy hasn't run one. I looked at their verticals when I was up there and couldn't figured out how they work.
Thanks.

spud
02-27-2018, 05:25 AM
I had one for 3-4000 taps. I had some issues with it. The stainless float leaked and sap filled it up causing lots of dumping problems. It's a good thing I had a good moisture trap. This happened twice in one season. After changing two floats and three dumping clips I had enough.

Spud

nymapleguy607
02-27-2018, 06:14 AM
If you are for a horizontal releaser I would point you towards a Lapierre style releaser. I bought one last year and I will say there is no comparison for mechanical releasers. The valve assembly on the lapierre is a better design than the Bernard or the CDL design.

Russell Lampron
02-27-2018, 06:58 AM
If you are for a horizontal releaser I would point you towards a Lapierre style releaser. I bought one last year and I will say there is no comparison for mechanical releasers. The valve assembly on the lapierre is a better design than the Bernard or the CDL design.

I second that! I've had some problems with my Lapierre horizontal but they are nothing compared to the problems that I had with my Bernard single. It fun to watch the sap pour out of that big hole in the bottom when it dumps too.

Dill
02-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for.

lew
02-27-2018, 06:11 PM
I've had a CDL horizontal for 3 years now. Never a problem. Sorry to conflict everyone, but that's been my experience.