PDA

View Full Version : New evaporator and set up ?

bawplank
02-25-2018, 07:18 PM
Need a lot of help after starting up my new rig. It's a sunrise 2x6 raised flue with hood. Smoke stack is 8 steam stack is 12.
Having ash fly out at joint in stack and in between pans. I was going to try some pan insulation clamped on the stack joint but can't think of anything for leak where pans meet.
Also have a lot of steam rolling out of hood and escaping, is it normal to have a lot of steam in shack?
The sap float box has worked perfect for several hours then acted up 2 times now. Does the amount in head tank do this to float box or do I have another problem.
Thanks for any advice, hopefully have it running good soon.

VTnewguy
02-25-2018, 07:32 PM
On my Leader 2*6 it uses a ceramic insulation gasket in between the pans. It doesn't have to be thick but it does need to hold back the smoke and ash. I'm not a expert on this but, but shouldn't the smoke stack be bigger than the steam stack?

DaveB
02-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I use a 6"x1" piece of ceramic blanket between my pans. You shouldn't have anything coming up through there. I would be worried about CO leaks. I'm also wondering about the steam stack size. Mine have all been smaller than the stack size.