PDA

View Full Version : Releaser moisture trap plugging

Maplewalnut
02-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Having an issue with my lapierre vertical mechanica releaser. The moisture trap ball is hutting off vacuum flow. Weird thing is the ball in releaser has not plugged. When vacuum is turned off there is a little sap in moisture trap bottom but not full. There is also sap upstream of ball in the vacuum line that drains when vacuum is turned off. The moisture trap is right next to releaser about 300feet from pump. Maybe i should move moisture trap closer to pump?

Alao i thought I saw someone reference adjusting releaser float to dump a little faster? I noticed this releaser likes to dump when flap from too chamber isalmost completely cover with sap

Ideas

Thanks
Mike

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-25-2018, 02:34 PM
I am by no means a professional sugar maker and hardly know anything about vacuum but I would do it this way. And use a motor starter with a 24volt coil running through emergency shut off switch at bottom of the moisture trap

maple flats
02-25-2018, 04:39 PM
I'm not familiar with Lapierre releasers, but check two things, they pertain to the 2 brands I have. First, Is the unit level? Second, does it have a float adjustment or stop on the rod that the float lifts?