PDA

View Full Version : Watch Maple Syrup Making go LIVE This week!

zandstrafarms
02-25-2018, 05:51 AM
Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this, especially smaller maple makers.

We run a smaller operation of usually 200 trees but this year due to other time commitments (and the fact that I'm the only one dumping those 200 buckets) we scaled back to 75.

WE use a custom made smokey lake 3x7 hybrid pan with a home-built arch (steam table), air under fire, auto draw and float box. We also have a 12" heavy gauge stainless stack about 15 feet tall (maybe too tall?)

We've tried running copper pipe around the stack but it didn't heat up enough and detended to lock-up with air.

I run a YouTube channel now, which documents my adventures learning to farm and one of those things is making syrup. I have a few videos up about mapling , but will be doing a LIVE video on Monday the 26th if anyone is interested in watching.

Link: www.youtube.com/wtfarmgirl

You can either subscribe to my channel and click the "BELL" to be notified of me going live, or you can just check back in on my main YouTube page. Expecting probably be about 10am eastern time and will two two sessions, one starting and another when we finally get ready to draw syrup.

If you check back on Tuesday when YouTube re-posts the video for playback, you can add comments for everyone to see that talks about your set-up or how you work your system. It'd be a great way to show newbies all the various ways people run sysrup!

Thanks guys, and good luck with your season!

Suzanne