PDA

View Full Version : I finally had to put a stop to a thread

maple flats
02-23-2018, 01:06 PM
There was a thread (fact or fiction) on this forum that simply got too far out of line with the intent of the Maple Trader. For a while I let it proceed thinking members would bring it into alignment with the rules and purpose of the Maple Trader. However, the thread kept getting worse and worse. It is now gone, completely removed.
Anyone wanting to post threads or comments, please keep them relevant and in line with the purpose of this Forum.
We are here to further the maple industry, on all levels for personal to the industry as a whole. Keep all posts in line with that purpose. If any individual makes repeated threads or posts within a thread that end up needing to be removed, that person will be removed from the Maple Trader.
This does not mean we must or even that must agree with other's opinions or methods, it simply means we should always be keeping aligned with our purpose.
Dave Klish

BAP
02-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Thanks Dave and Dr Tim for all the work keeping this a great forum.

buckeye gold
02-23-2018, 03:45 PM
yes thank you

buckeye gold
02-23-2018, 03:46 PM
I agree, thank You

bigschuss
02-24-2018, 05:32 AM
Good decision Dave. That thread turned pathetic. Does this forum have any kind of an infraction system for repeat violations? Dr. Tim asked for all posts to be on topic and in line with the forum and the thread was cleaned up....yet two members came back to get in their last conspiracy theory shots. First time I found myself looking for the "ignore" button on this forum.

Wannabe
02-24-2018, 06:26 AM
I personally enjoy some of those posts (just my opinion). Please don't talk about bringing down the 'ban hammer' too easily.

maple flats
02-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Yes, the admins have a way to keep track of infractions. Rarely will anyone be removed from just one post unless the post is spam or trolling. Others are given a chance to prove them selves as a contributing member of our community in the pursuit of maple.
Healthy debate is good, but as a conversation wanders completely off the maple topic it gets looked at closely.

maple flats
02-24-2018, 06:55 AM
By the way, Wannabe, I have never banned any member on my own. I only refer it to the owner of this forum. However I don't think I ever referred anyone in the past who was not then removed by the owner.

bowhunter
02-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Dave, thanks for getting involved. I have become less active over the past year or so for several reasons and to be fair some of the rantings has made it less enjoyable. While some people may find it entertaining, others may find it offensive. Those who are offended will not come back and that's a loss for everyone. Good ideas for making syrup don't come from a particular political point of view. This forum is a great help to all of us hobby producers in particular and it's a great way to increase the fun factor while improving the safety for all. It's also good for the industry as a whole because the more the public understands the industry, the more it will be supported in regards to public policy on food safety, taxation, environment, etc. I also believe small producers can increase demand for maple products in areas outside what's considered traditional "maple syrup country."

Scm
02-24-2018, 08:07 AM

Maplewalnut
02-24-2018, 05:21 PM
I know a lot of old forum members that have quit just for this reason. Think about all those not present anymore that had a lot of experience to share. Thanks to the admins for helping to manage the few violators

WESTMAPLES
02-24-2018, 07:01 PM
I know a lot of old forum members that have quit just for this reason. Think about all those not present anymore that had a lot of experience to share. my thoughts exactly and ive only been on here for a short while, my love of sugaring brought me here to talk constructively with others young and old about our thoughts and ideas, i thank the moderators for keeping the real maple topic moving in a positive direction

FDA
02-24-2018, 08:37 PM
Ironically I see a few troublemakers from the past are back!

Scm
02-25-2018, 06:54 AM

ecolbeck
02-25-2018, 07:06 AM
Trouble makers, violators, Conspiracy theories. Must be nice to have a “safe space” to keep talking about those you disagree with.

Can you elaborate?

Scm
02-25-2018, 07:18 AM

maple flats
02-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Ironically I see a few troublemakers from the past are back!
If you truly see trouble makers on this forum, send a PM to me. It will not be made public. I will look at the people you point out, this does not mean I will agree. I will from the information form my own opinion. If you just have a vendetta against other members, that is not what I want.
However, if you are not ready to do that or if you are just trying to stir the pot, you are off base.
Back to maple.
Dave