PDA

View Full Version : Bad start to my season

jbutton
02-21-2018, 05:14 AM
Ugh so I flooded my pan last night and I noticed a leak on the pipe for my float box. Well that should be easy to fix. As I walked around to the other side where my draw off is I saw drops running down my arch. Went and got my flashlight but couldn't see anything. Wife came out to help look so she shutoff the lights. Shined it from inside couldn't see anything. Put the flashlight on the outside a bam. There's a crack. Called Jim at smokylake asked him what I could use to fix it. Said silver solder will work. Got very discouraged couldn't find my silver solder. Also have to send my float box back to smokylake for spot welds breaking,will have to wait for the end of season.

Woodsrover
02-21-2018, 07:01 AM
That's too bad. So you have two problems? A crack at the draw off and a break in the float box? Yikes.

There is special solder for stainless but it does contain lead. At this point maybe pull the whole thing down and take it to a local shop and have it welded?

maple flats
02-21-2018, 07:20 AM
At about the 4th season on my evaporator I got a cracked weld in one of the draw off boxes. I called the manufacturer and they had me take it to a specialty welder locally. He did a good job, charged me $30 and the manufacturer mailed me a check for $30 for the fix.