PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 question

prairietapper
02-19-2018, 07:51 PM
since the total drop in vertical feet has a direct relation to the amount of vac on the taps.
at the end of one of my runs I have about 7 feet of straight down drop to my collection tank. I have considered adding a tee and doubling the drop line from a little below the top of the drop. as long as one line is plugged before a run starts. then if I makes sure both lines are full ( putting my finger over the full one until the other is full if needed) wouldn't I be able to effectively add the additional vac of 6 feet of drop? I would zip tie the lines together and make positive sure they are exactly the same length so they are equal.
is it nuts? has anyone tried it?

RileySugarbush
02-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way! Each line would have the same vacuum at the tee. No change.

prairietapper
02-19-2018, 09:13 PM
thank you I thought it might increase since the weight of the sap would double that is pulling on the single line. :) so much for wishful thinking ;)

RileySugarbush
02-19-2018, 09:15 PM
Making maple syrup involves lots of wishful thinking!

prairietapper
02-19-2018, 09:18 PM
yeah brother!
:)
that and long hours!

DrTimPerkins
02-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Making maple syrup involves lots of wishful thinking!

Sugarmakers have been attempting to defy the laws of physics since time began. 3/16" tubing has just introduced an entirely new group to that pursuit. :)

Cjadamec
02-20-2018, 10:44 AM
Physics is the only place where they award you 1 million dollars, for braking it's "laws".