PDA

View Full Version : DeLaval 75 question

dhbiker1
06-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I stopped by a local dairy farm that no longer is in business and am getting a working (I think delaval 75, it was dusty and a real quick look, he knew it was a delaval and thought a 75) for $25. A lot of the pictures i have seen they don't have tanks but this one had about i'm guessing an 8-10 gallon tank on the bottom. Does the tank help and will I set it up any differently? Also, does the diameter of plumbing that runs from the pump to the releaser matter? Thanks

maple flats
06-13-2007, 05:02 AM
For a hundred taps it likely won't matter, half inch should be good enough. BUT if you plan much expansion on the same system it would matter. Others will need to help you on size because I only speak from a plumbing and pressure background, the larger you go the better the flow whether it is pressure or vac. To get the best flow the vac will be one size bigger than the sap line is my guess.

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
06-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Run it 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" because that'll give you good vacuum and that is what the sizes are on the pump and releaser.

danno
06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
I ran a delaval 75 this past season on 300 taps. I ran 1 1/4" from the pump to the releaser and it was fine. In that line I ran a household water filter with a 3/4" inlet/outlet as a moisture trap. I was worried about choking the air flow - not a problem.

Even with about 3000' of mainline, I still had to keep an air regulator open quite a bit to keep the vacuum down around 18-19".

maplecrest
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
danno ran a 75 on 1500 taps at 18 inches using 30wt non detergent motor oil. you will need to let the oil drip out of the exhast into something or you will have an oilly mess. also use a moisture trap. i ran sap three time thru mine. i bought a cdl 6000 releaser that was the biggest piece of junk i ever bought. half way thru the season i bought a gilles double and had no problems jeff