PDA

View Full Version : do oil fired evaporators have to have a stack

maplekid
06-10-2007, 07:36 PM
i was wandering if oil fired evaporators haveto have a smoke stack i was looking at some sugar houses and i see there is no stack on them and i noticed they have oil fired evaporators in them.

ennismaple
06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Anything that burns a fuel of any type needs a smoke stack to vent the gases produced by combustion. Chances are if you were looking at the sugar shacks after the season they`d already taken the stack down for the year.

maplekid
06-10-2007, 09:48 PM
i found a sight on google that shows a picture of a sugar house withuot a smoke stack but i could be wrong it could have an exhaust fan or something. i coulnt find the picture

maple flats
06-11-2007, 04:39 AM
As they said, oil fired evaps do need a stack, but they could be smaller diam and could vent out the sidewall instead of the roof. The other possibility is to burn oil remote, produce steem to run the evap and the sugarhouse could go without a smokestack and would only need to vent steam from the heat source along with the evaporated sap steam.

ennismaple
06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Good point maple flats.

maplekid
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah i was curious about that and now that i know i wont have to bug you guys about it anymore. thanks