PDA

View Full Version : House type filter-revisited

mapleman3
03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Ok I know we have touched on this subject... but having trouble finding it, I have a whole house type clear body type filter I am going too hook up. it will go between the sap storage to the feed tank and will get sap pumped through it, I set up a sight tube on the feed tank to alwarys know when I need to fill it. so it won't be a factor of not getting enough to the evap...
alls said, what is the practice at the end of the day of use, I know to drain it so it wont freeze, but do you rotate to a clean filter cartridge each time and use HOT water to clean the one you take out..let it air dry good? I would thing the bacteria would keep tainting the sap if you didn't clean each time?it will be just to scrub the sap before it gets to the feed tank and evap, I already cone filter the sap when I collect buckets, but the vac line just dumps into the tank raw.

brookledge
03-17-2004, 03:30 PM
I use that type only thing is that my pump and filter are in small heated room kept at 36-38 degrees. i built to prevent having to ever deal with freezing during the season. i keep the cartige in until the flow begins to slow down i suppose you could take it out wash it and reuse it with out a problem