PDA

View Full Version : Drop line hot water method

KJamesJR
02-14-2018, 09:36 PM
So I just got all my supplies in today. Putting together 3/16 drop lines using the hot water method. I’m a little concerned because I couldn’t get some of the lines seated flush against the connectors. This shouldn’t be a huge issue right???

lords sugaring
02-14-2018, 10:36 PM
If they are just drops I don't see a problem. I've had drops in the past looking similar to that. If it's a 3/16 for natural vacuum I'm not sure on that answer, I don't know a bunch about 3/16 vacuum

Haynes Forest Products
02-15-2018, 01:18 AM
I used to do the hot water for taps and T's but what happens is the entire 3-6 " gets warm/hot and is like Jellow and it does hinder getting them on at times. What I do now is take a plate and a napkin or paper towel and soak it with veggy oil. Take the drop line and just dab it on the napkin and slide it on the tap or T. I have not had any ill effects from doing it this way and they stay nice and tight.

KJamesJR
02-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Anyone think a few dabs of coconut oil in the hot water will help to lubricate? Currently I only have that and olive oil. :confused:

Haynes Forest Products
02-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Don't put it in the water. You only need a slight film on the lip of the tubing to allow the barbs to slide on. Having it end up all over the tubing serves no purpose. I would stay away from nut oils.