PDA

View Full Version : Tigerflex Hose

wurmdert
02-11-2018, 06:32 PM
I here this stuff is the way to go, but I have a few questions??

1. I need about 100ft from my pumping station to truck. Would this wind up well in the cold to be able to handle. I currently use black water pipe and that is ignorantly frustrating.

2. Would it be flexible enough to put on a hose reel mounted on the truck. Thanks

lew
02-11-2018, 07:19 PM
We use the tigerflex milk handling hose in 2" and 3". Works awesome in the cold that's why we use it. It doesn't like sunlight. It will discolor and become brittle if left in the sun. If you check with a local milk hauler you can probably get 33 ft lengths for little or nothing. They have to discard it at certain intervals

Haynes Forest Products
02-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Its the best I have ever had. It lays on my trailer without kinking and getting stiff. Well worth the money.

sugarsand
02-12-2018, 06:50 AM
On the internet you can find all types of hose with all kinds of prices. The milk hose is good hose but is heavy and harder to handle in long lengths. I tried the 2 inch vacuum hose which is alot cheaper, lighter and more flexible. Look for hose with smooth interior.

mellondome
02-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Tigerflex BW remains flexible in cold temps. Wouldnt think of using anything different.

Haynes Forest Products
02-12-2018, 08:53 AM
A smooth bore is a must. If you skimp and decide that you have a wonder method of getting a leak free connection let me know. No Silicone please. The friction loss is another factor in long runs.

Cjadamec
02-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Tiger flex PVC pipe can be joined with schd40 PVC solvent weld fittings. They make for a leak free and potable water rated connection. It has to be a schd 40 fitting though, PVC drain pipe fittings don't have a deep enough socket to hold the tiger flex.

If you must use a barb fitting one trick is 100% silicon grease rated for food contact.

Or much like with sap tubing and barb fittings, putting the end of the tigerflex in hot (has to be a bit hotter than you need for sap tubing) to soften the tube and allow the bard to go in. Tighten your hose clamps while every thing is still warm to help form the tube around the barbs.

wurmdert
02-12-2018, 11:53 AM
thanks guys