PDA

View Full Version : where should i put my fan?

Bobbybreach
02-08-2018, 03:55 PM
I currently have a fan connected just below my firebox door blowing air right on he fire. should I raise the fire with grates so the air blows under the fire? the air will be blowing in the direction of the rear of the evaporator so I want to make sure im not blowing heat out the stack. or should I raise the fire with grates and put on a 90 deg elbow on the fan pipe to blow the fire and heat directly under the pan?

Cjadamec
02-08-2018, 04:06 PM
You should have the air come in under the fire. So raise the fire up on grates and block off the back of the grates so the the air you are blowing in has no choice but to go up thru the grates and into the fire.

Forced draft under the fire will cause the wood to burn faster, hotter, and more completely.

maple flats
02-08-2018, 06:03 PM
You want to block both the front few inches and the back few inches to force the air to go thru the grates and thru the burning wood.

Haynes Forest Products
02-08-2018, 07:08 PM
With the added air causing extreme combustion the expanding gases will find there way out of the flue stack in the form of really good draft. I would also pack the fire box with as much wood as possible in the shortest amount of time.