PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Cream Cross Country

Flatfoot95
05-24-2007, 11:17 PM
I am getting ready to fill some significant orders of maplecream to ship to the West Coast. My question is will it be OK being unrefrigerated during shipping? I also have a styrofoam box that I got from a Dr's office that had some cold packs in it. The only issue there is I would have to pay shipping on the cold packs along with the cream. Any suggestions or your experiences with this would be helpful.

Fred Henderson
05-25-2007, 06:00 AM
I ship syrup to the west coast and I don't cold pack it. Cream should ship OK with no clod pack.

royalmaple
05-25-2007, 06:34 AM
You may just want to plan when you ship. In case you didn't think about it. You'd be better off to ship on a Monday(tuesday for next week) so chance is good that it will get there say with priority mail in 2-3 days most likely 3. If you shipped today. It is still going to take 3 days but with sunday and a holiday your adding extra days of intransit time. Just something to consider.

HanginAround
05-25-2007, 07:34 AM
I shipped some to California, and it then got shipped to Texas from there... no problem. I also shipped some to Arkansas. The worst that will happen is it seperates a bit... just stir the syrup back in, no problem.

Flatfoot95
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Already ahead of you on the holiday weekend. The cream separating is the only problem I could see too but thought I would check with people that had some experience in the matter.

ziggy
05-31-2007, 12:35 PM
I have shipped Maple Cream to several other countries without a problem. If the cream is cooked hard enough to start with, it will keep out of the frig for about 2 weeks without seperating, even in hot weather.