PDA

View Full Version : WF Mason Evap

nberry34
01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Anyone who ordered an evaporator from WF Mason this past fall, when did you order and when did you receive it? I'm just trying to figure out when I should be getting mine, ordered it in September.

Urban Sugarmaker
01-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Did you call Bill Mason?

Russell Lampron
01-24-2018, 06:38 PM
I ordered my arch in April and got it in December, he had promised it for late September early October. I called at the end of November to see when it would be done and told me he had everything ready but he just needed a kick in the butt to get going on it. He got it done that week after I called. It was worth the wait, he did an excellent job.

Give Bill a call to get an update. He may just need a kick in the butt.

Maplemonkey
01-24-2018, 08:47 PM
How much did he charge for delivery?

McKenney Maples
01-24-2018, 09:02 PM
I agree with the others below. Shoot him an email or give him a call, helps keep you high on the priority list.

Russell Lampron
01-25-2018, 05:15 AM
How much did he charge for delivery?

I went up and picked it up myself. He built a custom feed tank for me a few years ago and didn't charge me for delivering it.

Maplemonkey
01-25-2018, 10:39 AM
ok thanks I like the looks of his rigs was wondering if delivery to upstate NY would be expensive.

nberry34
01-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Didn't want to be a thorn in his side, but did call him. Arch has been ready for a week, just waiting on the pan. Headed over to get it today so I can get a headstart on the bricking

sbingham
01-27-2018, 07:01 AM
I purchased a 2x6 Hobby Unit from Bill 6 or 7 years ago, shipping to northwest Wisconsin was $175.00.
I felt that was a fair price to ship the arch, pan, reservoir pan, stack and a cone filter tank.

ACfarmerNH
01-27-2018, 03:02 PM
I ordered my Mason 2x3 in late June and it was ready in November. Well worth the wait and road trip.

MJPJ Sugars
02-16-2019, 09:15 AM
I ordered a 2x4 in August and called a few times to make sure I got it in November. Originally promised for October, then had to have it shipped when the snows hit early in November and I couldn't get to Maine.

Hopefully the Customer Service before and after the sale is not indicative of the performance of the arch; i.e., don't ever expect a response to a voice mail or email.

tombaisley
02-16-2019, 01:07 PM
I ordered my 2 x 4 XL in March of 18 and had it by the end of June 18 I also ordered and received a steam bottler during that time. Bill Mason has been very responsive to emails and phone calls, I currently have an order in for a filter cone tank. I have done 2 boils on the hobby XL and am getting 12+ gallons per hour without even trying, I waiting for the weather to break and the sap to flow to see what the evaporator can do

Very satisfied

Russell Lampron
02-16-2019, 07:09 PM
I ordered a 2x4 in August and called a few times to make sure I got it in November. Originally promised for October, then had to have it shipped when the snows hit early in November and I couldn't get to Maine.

Hopefully the Customer Service before and after the sale is not indicative of the performance of the arch; i.e., don't ever expect a response to a voice mail or email.

I'm thinking that the performance of the arch is going to meet or exceed your expectations. I've known and dealt with Bill for a long time now. He does get bogged down with orders and can't always meet a deadline. I've never had a problem with him responding to a voicemail or text. I've never contacted him using email so I can't comment on that.

anchorhd
02-18-2019, 07:59 AM
No problem here getting to or hearing from Bill via email.

JohnsSugarShack
02-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Bill Mason is a fantastic person and is very quick to respond back. I ordered a 2x4 raised flue setup from him the end of May 2018 and picked it up the end of November.
I finally started setting it up last week and realized the base stack was not straight. Called Bill the first of last week and had a new base stack by the following Friday.
His workmanship is top notch, as far as the base stacks he doesn't build them he has an hvac company build them for him. Looking forward to firing up over the next couple of
weeks. Just be sure to give Bill plenty of time when ordering he is a very busy man.

claystroup
02-18-2019, 05:40 PM
I have purchased quite a few items from Bill and his quality is top notch. Give him a call and I am sure things will work out.

dannyac500
02-19-2019, 08:31 AM
I ordered in March and picked it up mid November.

Hunt4sap
02-21-2019, 05:47 PM
Bill is a top notch guy that builds very nice products and he always answered my emails quickly.