PDA

View Full Version : Bottom dump releaser question

markcasper
01-20-2018, 01:19 AM
I have a new bernard 215 releaser. I'd like to use it instead of my smaller releaser due to getting too much sap. I have a 600 gallon round dump bulk tank with the usual manhole cover. The question is has anyone rigged another method of getting the sap into the tank short of putting it right over the top. I have never seen it work yet, not sure what kind of dump this thing will create and I'd like to be able to keep access open to the tank for cleaning. I thought of building a platform a few feet away and running some kind of large pvc between the bottom of the releaser and tank. Any ideas or pictures would be great. Remember it dumps off the bottom and not the side.

Russell Lampron
01-20-2018, 05:28 AM
I have a Lapierre horizontal releaser that dumps from the bottom into a 550 gallon poly tank. I built a shed over the tank and run ratchet straps under the releaser which are hooked to the roof headers to support it. When it's time to clean the tank I can raise it enough with the ratchet straps to have room to slide the tank out from underneath to clean it.

markcasper
01-20-2018, 12:00 PM
I have a Lapierre horizontal releaser that dumps from the bottom into a 550 gallon poly tank. I built a shed over the tank and run ratchet straps under the releaser which are hooked to the roof headers to support it. When it's time to clean the tank I can raise it enough with the ratchet straps to have room to slide the tank out from underneath to clean it.

Thanks for the idea.

tcross
01-22-2018, 06:20 AM
i have a hobby releaser... before I had an open top tank I had a cage tank. I put my releaser just above a smaller 3'x3' x 2' deep tote and drilled a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom that I plumbed to go into the top of my cage tank. it worked well.