PDA

View Full Version : Help with labeling. ( Humor )

Trapper2
01-18-2018, 02:54 PM
My name is Larry and my no good Brotherinlaw is Scott. This year I would like to label the pints or quarts of syrup we give to family and friends.
Seeing that I own the land, equipment and building I thought my name should come first and his second. Thus Larott's Syrup. Nice sounding Canadian name for a couple of guys from Wisconsin making Maple Syrup. But....... I could never do all the syruping without his help as he is there almost every step of the way, so I could put his name first and mine second. Thus that gives us Scary Syrup. Your votes will be the deciding factor.
Thanks, Trapper

bprifle01
01-18-2018, 03:28 PM
How 'bout Scary Larry's Syrup?:lol:

Twisted Minds
01-18-2018, 07:08 PM
He's not a no-brother-good-in-law from Illinois, is he? If so, send him back on the next plane! Ha ha ha!

ScottyWelden
01-18-2018, 07:40 PM
One of my favorite parts of making syrup--putting my face on the bottle I give to friends and family (Zazzle stickers/labels). I'll try to attach the picture.17106

Bucket Head
01-18-2018, 09:09 PM
I chuckled at the "no good brother inlaw" part! I'd try to get that on it somehow. Well, that is as long as it does not start a Hatfield & McCoy type affair, lol.

Trapper2
01-19-2018, 07:50 AM
He's not a no-brother-good-in-law from Illinois, is he? If so, send him back on the next plane! Ha ha ha!
Twisted, that's what I originally was going to post but I figured nobody other than people from Wisconsin or Michigan would understand. LOL

NH Maplemaker
01-19-2018, 10:37 AM
If this is going to just friends and family, they already know who you are so why not call your syrup ( LARRY & SCOTTS) pure maple syrup? Also your name is first! If you sell it the name of the person reasonable for it needs to be on jug by law! ( Name ,address, and Phone number ) that wouldbe on a tag of yours on jugs some were ! pretty much saying who the real owner is! Just a thought.

Trapper2
01-19-2018, 02:35 PM
If this is going to just friends and family, they already know who you are so why not call your syrup ( LARRY & SCOTTS) pure maple syrup? Also your name is first! If you sell it the name of the person reasonable for it needs to be on jug by law! ( Name ,address, and Phone number ) that wouldbe on a tag of yours on jugs some were ! pretty much saying who the real owner is! Just a thought.

LOL, I would never sell it. It costs me $500 worth of firewood and beer to produce $400 worth of syrup if you know what I mean!

51 cub
01-19-2018, 03:25 PM
How 'bout Scary Larry's Syrup?:lol:

+1. There was a time when we listed our Scary Larry as our spiritual adviser on the race car

NH Maplemaker
01-19-2018, 03:31 PM
LOL, I would never sell it. It costs me $500 worth of firewood and beer to produce $400 worth of syrup if you know what I mean!
Been there done that! But to much invested now for that! But I bet that you guys are having more than we are!! LOL

Russell Lampron
01-19-2018, 05:46 PM
I'd come up with a sugar house name that doesn't have anybody's name in it. Doing that eliminates the people that get butt hurt because their name isn't on the label or not on it in the order that they think it should be. If there's a family feud or divorce or something you don't have to throw away a bunch of labels and have new ones made up either.

sap retreiver
01-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Oh Brother!
Been there good luck

Twisted Minds
01-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Twisted, that's what I originally was going to post but I figured nobody other than people from Wisconsin or Michigan would understand. LOL
That's part of our charm, things only other "Sconnies" can relate to. Much like your response that it takes $500 of firewood and beer to produce $400 of syrup. I'm in the same boat, and I get all my firewood for free, wish the beer was! Ha! Only thing I don't understand is how you managed to stop "acting crazy" after 1985? Much to the chagrin of my wife of 20 yrs. I'm still working on that one!

Trapper2
01-25-2018, 03:46 PM
That's part of our charm, things only other "Sconnies" can relate to. Much like your response that it takes $500 of firewood and beer to produce $400 of syrup. I'm in the same boat, and I get all my firewood for free, wish the beer was! Ha! Only thing I don't understand is how you managed to stop "acting crazy" after 1985? Much to the chagrin of my wife of 20 yrs. I'm still working on that one!

HaHa . I get my fire wood free also. We need to meet and act crazy.! I definitely remember how. I practice monthly.