PDA

View Full Version : Verona Winter Conf. at VVS

maple flats
01-06-2018, 06:10 AM
I saw several members at the conf. last night, including Peter Gregg, the owner of this site. Attendance looked good, but maybe not quite as many as last year. I think it will be close or more than last year today. I'll be looking for more Traders to say high to today. I'm heading out in a few minutes.
For your walk into the school, dress warm, it IS COLD (about -5 right now and wind gusts up to about 30 mph), and I'm only 12 minutes away.
Dave

DrTimPerkins
01-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Was nice to see you and others there today Dave. Good talks, good meal, lots of coffee and donuts, and good meeting and chatting with lots of maple producers and vendors. Altogether a nice time in NY.

maple flats
01-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Dr Tim, it was nice to finally get a chance to chat with you too. Good presentation on what makes the sap flow. I had it all wrong as I'll bet many others did too.

maple flats
01-07-2018, 08:20 AM
I hope everyone got back home safely, it was brutally cold for sure too all except Dr Tim, he was like the teenagers who used to ride my bus, no coat, and they "never got cold" according to them.
Dr. Tim, I hope your car warmed quickly.

DrTimPerkins
01-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Thanks Dave....as I said, I didn't want to carry my coat around all day, and since I'm lazier than I am smart, a few minutes of being cold when I headed out to the car was the price to pay. In any case, the trip home went well and I got here by 7:30pm and got to sleep in my own bed. Another successful and interesting trip to Verona. Thanks to the planners of the show...Keith, the FFA crew at VVS, Steve Childs, the great cooks and all the rest. See you all next year (hopefully) and best wishes to all on a good 2018 sugaring season.

Bucket Head
01-07-2018, 09:09 PM
Glad to hear the trip home went well. A lot of people described their ride to Vernon as "hairy" with the snow and wind. Apparently a few presenters and exhibitors never made it because of the weather.

Yes, another good Conference. Great presentations on sap and syrup production and some really good presentations on marketing products- with a lot of examples of merchandising, both at the sugarhouse and online.

Already looking forward to next years conference!