PDA

View Full Version : Bender Releaser

Grade "A"
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
I have a question about bender releasers. I have one that I would like to use it for about 150 taps. I know that the vacuum goes on the top and assume that the main line goes in at the next input down (at top just above the glass jar). I would also assume that the sap would flow out the bottom into a holding tank. I would like to know what holds that sap in the glass jar. Mine has about a 1" nipple (part of the glass jar) on the bottom but nothing to hold the sap or vacuum in when not dumping. Is the parts missing like a check valve? any info or pictures of one setup would be great.
Thanks,
Matt

markcasper
05-12-2007, 01:10 AM
Matt, I use 3 of them. You have some parts missing. The outlet below the air inlet (on the stainless port) can be used for the mainline. I have one this way and the other 2 have a T checkvalve that is attached to the bottom of the glass nipple. The mainline is hooked up to one side and the other end has a short hose that goes to the tank with another straight checkvalve on the end of that.
I am probably losing some vacuum transfer by having them hooked up on the bottom, but this is the way they were designed to work in a dairy application. The top was only used for washing the releaser.

I still have one releaser hooked up yet and will try in the next week to get a few pictures. I have a few other photos that I said I'd get on here but have been strapped for time lately.

Grade "A"
05-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the reply! I do have two swing style 1" check valves that I could hook up to the mainline and the line going into the storage tank. I would think that would work.
Matt

brookledge
05-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Matt
I'll send you some pictures of the one I'm selling. I think you will get better vac. transfer by using the port out of the top side instead of the t valve on the bottom. I took my tee valve off the botton and put a straight check valve on it.
As for 150 taps it will work great for that amount. I out grew my setup where I had mine I had about 250-300 and that was the limit. After I got a new setup some one asked me why I didn't get another one and run 2 side by side which would increase my capacity. At the time I had never thought of that.
It is certainly better than having to buy a new releaser fo 500 plus
Keith

brookledge
05-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Matt
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you pics of my releaser and how it is set up
Keith

Grade "A"
05-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I sent you a pm, let me know if you get it.
Thanks,
Matt