PDA

View Full Version : Cupola plans

Maplewalnut
05-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have any cupola plans or good pictures of their construction of one? I need to figure out how to attach to the roof ridge and how to frame the sides to open and close (via pulley?)

royalmaple
05-07-2007, 05:40 PM
You can take a look at my photo link. I think I have some decent pictures posted.

I went about 2 feet down from the main ridge, and put in collar ties, then set my 2x4 wall studs for the cupola on top of the collar ties. It gives you a good anchoring point. And if you are framing like I did alone. It helps to have all the little tricks you can to keep things plum and level.

Maplewalnut
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Can someone snap a pictures and email them to me of the pulley systems you use to open and close the sides of the cupola. I am plannig on hinging the sides at the bottom and don't want to recreate the wheel if it is not necessary. Thanks
bcelts@ptd.net

maplekid
06-21-2007, 12:39 PM
i dont have pis but if you hang the pulley from the inside collar and the runn a rope down to a central beam and tie it off. that is how i did mine but my cupola only has one door all you have to is repeat what i told you on the other side