PDA

View Full Version : oil fired arches

steam maker
12-25-2017, 10:00 AM
so i think im done worrying about wood after this season , can never make the time to not be behind 8ball on the wood pile.... sick of it !!!! guess my two other options are wood pellet or oil .!!! i priced a wood pellet arch , man they r cool but boy are they expensive. so more than likely itll be oil. guess its like a ford chevy question but is there a better oil arch than the rest or are they all the same. then ill have to sell my current arch too ... i have no luck selling stuff.

unc23win
12-25-2017, 02:13 PM
You could probably convert your current arch. A lot of newer oil arches are reverse fired as in the fire is in the rear. There are some threads on here about converting arches to oil if you search.

crashmjsapman
12-25-2017, 03:00 PM
My father and I converted our rig 19 years ago to oil. 3x8 it has a carlin burner. We just bought a new rig for us and am selling the old rig. If interested call me sometime I work 12 hour shifts next day off is wednesday. I have the front plate with the burner or the whole rig for sale. 207 659 1416

minehart gap
12-31-2017, 05:11 AM
Chip Burner (on Maple Trader) has an arch that burns wood chips (hence his name). I believe that he converted a wood fire arch to burn chips but am not certain of what the arch burned before. He can burn sawmill wood chips green or dry.

Another option that I have been wondering if it would work would be corn cobs. There are a couple people in my area that heat there homes with corn cobs straight from the shell corn. I guess I just like the idea of utilizing waste products for benefit. Not sure that either of these would be a viable option for you but I figured that I would throw them out there. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Mark
12-31-2017, 10:44 AM
Chips are cheap around here, $800 for a semi load. Gravity feed them into the firebox or a box on the front. Set up right you get no smoke. Take a look at my stack while boiling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7G8kuz9xGQ

steam maker
01-17-2018, 07:19 AM
well posted my whole evaporater to the classifieds think im gonna go oil , told it be easier to sell complete we will see, priced out a new version of what i have now we will see if i priced correctly 🤞🏻