PDA

View Full Version : MES 300gph Dolly

calvertbrothers
12-23-2017, 09:08 PM
I've heard great things about MES products. But haven't found anything about the dolly. I'm looking at the 300gph one and I want to know how high can you get the first pass and how high can the ro get with multi passes?

nymapleguy607
01-02-2018, 06:37 AM
The dolly machines max out at a pressure of 275PSI, the dolly machines aren't really meant to single pass sap to a very high percentage. 8% is about the highest you can go on a single pass, but the flowrate is pretty low on the concentrate side doing it this way. The recommended way is to pass it through once and bring the sap to say 4% and then 2nd pass to 8-10%. The highest concentration I have gone to has been about 12%, and that was using a multi-pass approach.

S.S.S
01-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Don't know much about MES r.o but I got Lapierre new generation turbo 2000 and on a single pass go from 2% sap to 21%

calvertbrothers
01-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Don't know much about MES r.o but I got Lapierre new generation turbo 2000 and on a single pass go from 2% sap to 21%

Wow! I ordered a dolly 300 ro last week. Just curious how much did you end up paying for ro?

palmer4th
03-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Just wondering of there were any updates

S.S.S
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Wow! I ordered a dolly 300 ro last week. Just curious how much did you end up paying for ro?It was a 600gph unit and we added another membrane to it that makes it 900gph. Got $19000 into it

palmer4th
03-08-2018, 02:55 PM
More wondering about the dolly

West Sumner Sugar
03-15-2018, 08:45 PM
We just picked up a 1 year old MES Dolly 300. Stole it for $2500. Poor guys wife is making him get out of syruping. None of us had ever run and RO or knew much about it. We followed the directions and ran our first batch of sap. 6.5% on first pass. I was sold at that point. Also nice because now we have all kinda of nice clean water in the sugarhouse. When we are done with it for the weekend, we just bring it back home and I flush it with clean water. The guys at MES are very helpful. I stopped at their warehouse/fab shop in Henniker, NH to pick up some pre filters and the guys there were very nice. All in all, if you are thinking about it and have an overload of sap...buy it, you wont regret it.

VTnewguy
03-16-2018, 05:04 AM
We just picked up a 1 year old MES Dolly 300. Stole it for $2500. Poor guys wife is making him get out of syruping. None of us had ever run and RO or knew much about it. We followed the directions and ran our first batch of sap. 6.5% on first pass. I was sold at that point. Also nice because now we have all kinda of nice clean water in the sugarhouse. When we are done with it for the weekend, we just bring it back home and I flush it with clean water. The guys at MES are very helpful. I stopped at their warehouse/fab shop in Henniker, NH to pick up some pre filters and the guys there were very nice. All in all, if you are thinking about it and have an overload of sap...buy it, you wont regret it.

I'm jealous! that looks like a sweet RO.

CharlieVT
03-16-2018, 06:18 AM
Great price! Congrats on that deal.

Curious, what is your pressure and what are concentrate and permeate flow rates that yielded 6.5% in one pass?

Thanks.

Atgreene
03-16-2018, 07:01 PM

Was that the one from up Jackman way?

I'm headed to MES in the next couple days, they have a 3 post dolly that got damaged in shipping. Fixed it up and knocked some money off. My 2 post water guy isn't cutting it since I added vac.

68bird
03-17-2018, 07:59 AM
Can't say enough good about Clayton, and the crew at MES! They are awesome!

Atgreene
03-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Just picked up my 3 post dolly. Great guys, they've always treated me great.

West Sumner Sugar
03-22-2018, 07:48 AM
Was that the one from up Jackman way?

I'm headed to MES in the next couple days, they have a 3 post dolly that got damaged in shipping. Fixed it up and knocked some money off. My 2 post water guy isn't cutting it since I added vac.

Yes came from the Forks area. We happened to know the guy getting rid of it. The guys are MES are great! I will highly recommend putting some sort of filter on your suction hose to prevent debris from entering the pump. Don't ask me how I know this...but MES shipped me a new pump next day because ours didn't like the small rock that went through it.

Atgreene
03-22-2018, 11:23 AM
I heard about your adventure. Lol. Clayton told me about it.

highway
03-22-2018, 12:25 PM
I am looking at the MES 2 membrane unit. 4" x 40" membranes, Think its a 200 GPH unit and will take 2% to 4% in one pass. We are new to RO and wonder how big of a permeate tank I need for rinsing the unit after use? I currently have a 470 gallon tank in the sugar house I use as a feed tank and was thinking I could simply weld a petition inside it to give me 300 gallons for concentrate and 170 gallons for permeate. Would that be enough?

Thanks,

ED

Atgreene
03-22-2018, 04:33 PM
200 gph ro should have 200 gallons for rinse.

Road's End
03-22-2018, 05:32 PM
I am looking at the MES 2 membrane unit. 4" x 40" membranes, Think its a 200 GPH unit and will take 2% to 4% in one pass. We are new to RO and wonder how big of a permeate tank I need for rinsing the unit after use? I currently have a 470 gallon tank in the sugar house I use as a feed tank and was thinking I could simply weld a petition inside it to give me 300 gallons for concentrate and 170 gallons for permeate. Would that be enough?

Thanks,

ED

I have a homemade RO with a pair of 4x40 Dow membranes and was recommended a minimum of 50 gallons per membrane for a flush. That said, I usually run 150-200 gallons through it just to be on the safe side. I use a 275 gallon tote for permeate.