PDA

View Full Version : Antique Evaporator Repairs

mcgeec
12-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I have an old 2X6 leader evaporator. The back pan is 2 by 4 and a drop flue. The front pan is one of those back and forth mouse maze things (it has a more technical name I suspect.) I am hoping to give it some serious maintenance on it.

1) It has a couple leaks, particluarly where the float valve tank connects to the drop flue pan.
2) The front pan is warped so the flow does not work well. If possible, I woulld love to replace the bottom of that whole pan with a ned flat piece of stainless.
3) The fire box is rusted out in places. I would like to figure out the best way to reinforce it.

I am hoping someone might be interested in helping me fix it. I am clueless about metal work and willing to pay someone for their time and expertise.

Let me know!

Chip

amasonry
12-18-2017, 03:35 PM
so antique, solder then? I can solder the holes or joints. and the syrup pan bottom and sides are one piece (probable), not much you can do their pound the warp out. the arch just needs the metal replaced or a couple of pieces riveted in. have any pictures hard to say not seeing it. how bad is it?

mcgeec
12-18-2017, 04:05 PM
That is right. I will send along some pictures.