PDA

View Full Version : Reverse slope releasers?

adironmaple
12-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Adding 1200 new taps this year. All taps flow perfectly to one spot that requires we lift the sap about 18 ft to get it on grade to travel back to pumphouse and main releaser. Can anyone give me some feedback about Lappierres reverse slope releasers?
It's 3000 ft out and no power so wondering if this option will work.

maplemas
12-14-2017, 02:52 PM
I have a similar situation. I ran a 1 1/2 " vacuum line to a releaser and pump back to the sugar house .

morningstarfarm
12-15-2017, 01:26 PM
It will..but you need a dedicated vac line to feed the releaser and they take about 10 cfm just to run the releaser..and a 1" line under vacuum for the sap to return through to another releaser at your collection point...the tough part is calculating how big of a main vac line you will need to go 3000' and still have 10 cfm for the releaser and 20 cfm for the taps...Oh and both lines need to come out of the manifold of the end releaser...i liked mine but they are not a magic bullet..they take as much if not more maintenance than a normal releaser..i ended up putting a generator out in that bush and a releaser and vac pump then pumping the sap up 20' to a 1" line that slopes back to the tank where the main releaser used to be...its more reliable and cheaper than running the pipe...Thank god for harbor freight generators...