PDA

View Full Version : RIP Richard Patterson

brookfieldmaple
12-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Our Maple Community has lost a great guy today. R.I.P. Richard Patterson, the Sugar Master from Patterson Farms. It amazes me to just think about the number of sugar makers that he helped over the past many years. I will always remember and be very grateful for all the wonderful conversations and good laughs. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Patterson Family.

Phelps Family Maple
12-11-2017, 04:30 PM
My dad was one of those sugar makers that Richard helped. Dad died two years ago, but before he did I was able to buy his land and sugar equipment and now make syrup with my son. When I bought the equipment dad said to go see Richard, that he would help me with anything I needed and he did just that. I have known Richard for many years through his work in the fire and ambulance service, but he will be remembered most for his syrup and the size of his operation.

PATheron
12-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Im one of the fellas that owes my start to Richard Patterson. He is soley responsible for me getting into maple as a business instead of a hobby. He was a person that seemed bigger than life and its hard for me to believe he is gone. I hope the best for his family and will always consider him king of maple in our part of the world. The man definitely wasn't afraid of hooking up a maple tree. Theron

doocat
12-20-2017, 05:42 PM
We met a few times over the years, great guy. I remember him telling my dad he would put Pennsylvania syrup up against Vermont syrup anytime (taste). He will be missed in the maple community here for sure.

Craig

Maplewalnut
12-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Not sure there is a sugarmaker in PA he didnt help in one way or another. And was happy to take his infinite knowledge to the next level by opening the CDL PA store. Every purchase came with whatever advice you needed

Mike

Russell Lampron
12-24-2017, 05:52 AM
Richard has even helped me and I'm from NH. He was a great guy and he will be missed.