PDA

View Full Version : Sugarhouse in progress

dhbiker1
05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I have posted some pictures of my sugarhouse under the photos link in my signature. It is coming along good, pine siding I cut and brought to a local mill. I am in finals week at UConn so slow for a week or two but i'll be back out when summer starts and I get off work in the evening.

royalmaple
05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Looks nice, got a good start to some sugaring wood I'd say.

See you also bought yourself a real saw too. Those 440's are nice saws, I have to switch over to my 280 for limbing they are a killer forearm workout.

dhbiker1
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
That saw is amazing, doesn't need the 25" but I got a real good deal on it. I also have an older 038 and smaller limbing saws, but the 440 is pretty much new. All that wood I split for my grandparents woodstove, their house is behind the camera. I have wood in other locations that i'll have to bring closer. I noticed you are pretty closed to Portland. I stayed in Wells at a friends house last weekend before going to mount washington. Its a nice area.

maple flats
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Lookin good!

royalmaple
05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
You were not that far away. I have been working in that area actually the last couple of weeks.

I also have an old (015) that I use for limbs as well and if I have to be up in a tree & cutting. They are great saws, and comfortable, at least the newer ones.

Russell Lampron
05-02-2007, 08:01 PM
I had an 015 for my first Stihl chainsaw. I still have the 031 I bought to replace it in 1981 and bought an 026 Pro in 2001 to help save my back. The Stihls have been good saws for me. Maybe not as fast as a Husky but very few problems.

Russ

SapSuckers
05-03-2007, 11:37 AM
what are the deminsions of the sugarhouse? I am planning on building my own this summer and yours looks just likewhat i have been thinking of. also, is it on a slab?

Looks great!

cncaboose
05-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Out of curiosity, where is your smoke stack going to go? OUt the end and up?

dhbiker1
05-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Messed Up: post 10 has everything

Its 12'x12' and I used 8ft crossarms for the walls. Planned on putting the stack through the siding near the peak and up from there. I'm looking for some way to keep it sealed and insulated so it doesn't get the siding too hot. I'm sure they make something but I haven't looked too much yet.

dhbiker1
05-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Its 12'x12' and I used 8ft crossarms for the walls. Planned on putting the stack through the siding near the peak and up from there. I'm looking for some way to keep it sealed and insulated so it doesn't get the siding too hot. I'm sure they make something but I haven't looked too much yet. Also, it is built on a slab. Used to be chicken coup and then storage shed that I thought was too rotten to work off so I tore that down and built on the slab. It is quite close to the ground, I am digging out 2' and putting in 1" stone.

325abn
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
I lived on Lake Warren in Alstead, at the brown cabin right at the boat landing. Have you been to Alstead since the flood?

dhbiker1
05-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Yea it is amazing going up 123 where it all washed out. Our friends own a cottage on the backside where there is dirt road then turns into pavement. Not sure if you know anyone up there but its 2 up from the Lawlers. (the point with big pine tree and wooden bird in it) Last house on that side. I might head up there after bascoms on saturday