PDA

View Full Version : Our New Raised Flu Hybrid Evaporator

Maple Ridge Tapper
11-15-2017, 08:27 PM
I'd like to share how extremely happy I am with our purchase of our new hybrid raised flu evaporator from Patrick at Evaporateurs PJ Inc in Quebec. I highly recommend him. Patrick does amazing fabrication work and his communication, helpful advice, and customer service were second to none. Even down to the crating for shipping to us was excellent.

This pan is a big step up for us for our little operation from our little flat pans on a wood stove we used last year. We will be returning to Patrick at Evaporateurs PJ Inc in the future for sure, when we grow our syrup production and need a larger evaporator. This new one should serve us very well for quite awhile :)

Sinzibuckwud
11-16-2017, 07:36 AM
That's a nice rig.
I am wondering about the input for the pre heater. I am looking at making a similar one and planned on mine filling near the top of the pan. I noticed yours was placed near the bottom, any specific reason?

Maple Ridge Tapper
11-16-2017, 03:20 PM
That's a nice rig.
I am wondering about the input for the pre heater. I am looking at making a similar one and planned on mine filling near the top of the pan. I noticed yours was placed near the bottom, any specific reason?
Hi there. The pre heater pan will be fed through a ball valve that I will open and close manually drawing sap by gravity from my sap tank above the pan. So the location of the fitting doesn't matter for me if it's on the top or bottom.