PDA

View Full Version : Evaporater opinion

themapleking
11-11-2017, 07:21 AM
CDL, Leader, Lapierre. What do you have, and what are the pros & cons of your rig

whity
11-11-2017, 02:44 PM
We have a 2x8 Mason drop tube. Great boil rate. We average 60 gallons an hour with preheater and hood. No RO. He doesn't usually make them that big but made ours to the specs we wanted. Couldn't be happier with it.

MISugarDaddy
11-13-2017, 05:22 AM
We have a 2' X 6' Leader Inferno Arch with Revolution Raised-Flue Pans, Smoky Lake preheater and hood. We average 50 gallons per hour boil rate. I liked the ability to choose the draw-off side, easy flow reversal, and the ability to choose the direction that the firing door swung. If I had to replace it, I would purchase the exact unit again. My wife even feels comfortable running it, if I need to attend to any issues that come up.
Gary

Bruce L
11-13-2017, 05:24 PM
How big of a rig are you thinking? Ours is a 3x14 vortex with max flue revolution pans,and now a steam away on top.Very easy to run,boils SUPER fast,until the steam away arrived my wife would boil once I got the draw - off set for consistency ,now she is nervous with the steam away since it boils so fast,but I can be out of there on a big run pretty quickly to help her check or repair lines. Biggest drawback is syrup coming off so fast that you can get behind in bottling pretty fast.

themapleking
11-13-2017, 06:13 PM
I've got the same rig in 3x8 inferno arch. Max flue boils hard. But I make much more darker syrup. Can't figure out why.