PDA

View Full Version : new website about maple history

sugar matt
09-02-2017, 09:53 PM
For those interested in maple related history, I wanted to share a new website/blog I have started as a contribution to the preservation and recording of the history of the maple industry. You can find this site at www.maplesyruphistory.com (www.maplesyruphistory.com)

My idea for the site is to present ideas, current research, and new and not so new sources of information related to the history of the production and use of maple syrup and maple sugar in North America. The purpose of this site is not to be the definitive account tracing the history of maple syrup and sugar, or telling the maple story, although at times the site will share old and new contributions to maple history. Rather, the focus of the site is on the study and doing of maple syrup related history. The site will primarily feature topics and research of interest to me, the site’s creator, but on occassion the site may feature guest contributors. I hope to make at least one new post a week.

I invite you to take and look and welcome your thoughts, questions, and ideas for topics for future posts.

Matt Thomas

markcasper
09-03-2017, 01:59 AM
Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed looking at some of the early Maple Digest's. Quoted in 1974 by Adin Reynolds......."makers that were ready and caught the February run did well"...in the Wisconsin section anyway. Looks like there were early years 40 plus years ago and that coming from the worlds largest producer at one time in history.

southfork
10-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Thank you Sugar Matt, good resource.