PDA

View Full Version : Rules of the roads and powerlines?

Ultimatetreehugger
08-25-2017, 05:22 AM
Greetings everyone. Does anyone know if there are rules against running tubing under powerlines? I'm looking to run my mainline across a powerline to be collected by one tank.
To make this possible I would need to cross over the town road that runs through the middle of my bush. Is that an option? Road clearance would not be an issue.

Lastly, how many taps can a single sap ladder handle? What brands and sizes are people using?

Thanks in advance,
Nick Potter

mainebackswoodssyrup
08-25-2017, 05:58 AM
I would look to get permission from the town for crossing the road. OSHA requires 10 foot clearance from high voltage lines and I certainly wouldn't want to get closer than that.

Sinzibuckwud
08-25-2017, 07:50 AM
Couldn't tell you the rules but I am crossing a road by running the line through a culvert. Not sure if this is an option for you.

Brian
08-26-2017, 05:43 AM
We crossed under a big power line but they can ask you to take it down for access, in an emergency they probably will cut it. make sure there are anchors at both ends so the lines and wire don't get tangled , it can be hard to get back up and get them tight. We did not ask for permission, we asked for forgiveness because we didn't want to hear we couldn't do it, lol

ennismaple
08-28-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm assuming this is an unopened road allowance that only has a hydro line? We have 4 mainlines that cross a hydro line/unopened road allowance and it's not an issue for us. The corridor isn't accessible by ATV so hydro crews will walk it to do maintenance. It's not accessible by ATV so having the mainline cross it isn't a problem.

Brian
08-29-2017, 05:30 AM
We own all the land, but the power comp has a right of way in our situation.