PDA

View Full Version : Promotional plastic Micro-Jugs (< 40 ml)?

Lazarus
07-29-2017, 01:48 PM
I have an upcoming show I will be attending as a vendor, and the promoter is doing swag bags. As part of my entry, I'm required to supply some sort of promotional item for our business. I need to do like 100 of these things, so cost is a concern. Since it will be in a bag rattling around with other things, I don't want to do any nip glass (and the cost is more than I want to do). I considered PET plastic Boston rounds in something like 25 ml sizes, but the hot fill syrup temp exceeds the plastic fill limits.

I once saw a micro-jug that one of my retail outlets was carrying from another syrup maker. The store closed and I don't have any way of tracking them down. This "jug" was plastic, and looked like a sugarhill container, but it was the size of a shelled walnut. Seriously, this thing was way smaller than 40 ml. More like 15 ml. Said maple syrup printed right on it. Smallest thing I had ever seen.

I don't see them anywhere in anyone's catalogs or on Sugarhill's site. Has anyone ever seen these things or know where I could them?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
07-29-2017, 04:16 PM
CDL carries a Les Cruchon jug in a 1.36 ounce that just says maple syrup on it.

Potters3
07-31-2017, 07:50 AM
Smallest I have seen ( I carry for the one retail customer I have) 40ml, both CDL and D@G carry.

Daryl
07-31-2017, 12:36 PM
Sugarhill Plastics does have a 3/4 oz. container. Tom Spinks is our contact. His phone number is 585-721-3788.

maple flats
07-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Looking online for Sugarhill, I see a 3.4 oz jug but not a 3/4 oz jug. 3.4 oz is 100 ml. For your sake I hope they have smaller jugs.

Daryl
07-31-2017, 06:57 PM
I talked to a Sugarhill sales person about these today. They do have them. They just aren't in the catalogue or on line. They are listed in a D&G 2016 book.

SeanD
07-31-2017, 07:32 PM
I have an upcoming show I will be attending as a vendor, and the promoter is doing swag bags. As part of my entry, I'm required to supply some sort of promotional item for our business. I need to do like 100 of these things, so cost is a concern. Since it will be in a bag rattling around with other things, I don't want to do any nip glass (and the cost is more than I want to do). I considered PET plastic Boston rounds in something like 25 ml sizes, but the hot fill syrup temp exceeds the plastic fill limits.

I once saw a micro-jug that one of my retail outlets was carrying from another syrup maker. The store closed and I don't have any way of tracking them down. This "jug" was plastic, and looked like a sugarhill container, but it was the size of a shelled walnut. Seriously, this thing was way smaller than 40 ml. More like 15 ml. Said maple syrup printed right on it. Smallest thing I had ever seen.

I don't see them anywhere in anyone's catalogs or on Sugarhill's site. Has anyone ever seen these things or know where I could them?

Have you considered doing a maple lollipop or sucker? How about a syrup stick? Then your cost is in nickels and dimes and you can knock out 100 pieces relatively quickly. They are nice and you can put your label on them. More importantly, you aren't put in a hole just to attend the show.

I hope the show organizers are not also charging you a fee on top of the 100 pieces. IMHO, I decline invitations to events that have a steep fee for vendors (and then whack the customer with an entrance fee to boot). Honestly, some places use vendors as the main revenue source. I steer away from those.

Lazarus
08-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I would ordinarily not attend shows that charge an entrance fee for customers, other than high school holiday craft shows, which we do a lot of. This one does charge admission, and the booth fee is on the slightly larger side, plus the promos. It's a new event series and previous ones have gotten rave reviews from other vendors. I checked with a few selling similarly low-priced items like me (as opposed to say, artwork) and they made some impressive revenue. So, I'm giving it a try.

The lollipop is a good idea, but I wish I was better able to make the hard candies. I'm afraid rattling around in a swag bag with other things it will chip and break. I do get asked a lot for the hard candies but they are a nightmare to make at scale and the price I get for them is not worth making them.