PDA

View Full Version : Sizing for a small pump

Robert K
07-07-2017, 08:17 AM
I am setting up a bush with about 500 taps, I have a deleval 73 and currently have a 3/4 main that has been used with a shurflo for 3 years. For a wet/dry line setup and hopes of getting as much vacuum as possible throughout, I am considering 1 1/4 dry line over the 3/4. Total length will be 800 feet. Opinions please. This will be my main sap source so I wish to set it up the right way. I have read the charts from Cornell and see that the larger line has much less loss. Just trying to make best use out of the pump. There is a possibility of future expansion that I am also taking into account (probably 800 max taps total)
The pump and releaser will be close ( 5ft ) and include a balance tank with a 2" straight in between, I do not have power close so it will be gas powered.
Thank you for your thoughts
Robert. :D

Shaun
07-07-2017, 05:59 PM
I was In the same situation and chose and 1.25 inch dry line with 1 inch wet line. I ran a d 73 at 20 inches and had good results. I also based it on the Cornell vacuum book.

Clinkis
07-08-2017, 08:20 AM
I would go with 1" for your wet line as well. Price difference is minimal for the extra capacity.

BreezyHill
07-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Size the lines to your bush and tap count.
Buy the Cornell Vacuum Book invaluable resource.
The 73 is an outstanding pump with metal veins and has a common rail vein oiling system. Keep her clean and good oil and she will run for many years. I have one that will run 29" on 700+ taps on a tight tubing system.
The system is mostly all 1" with a dozen ladders. Great Pump for a small bush!