PDA

View Full Version : Sugarhouse Floor/Sink Drains

Mr. Red Maple
05-08-2017, 08:52 PM
I was wondering what everyone with sugar houses is doing with the water from the floor drains and sinks if you have water. Looking into the New Hampshire DES it looks like if its just water it can go into a dry well. I am not sure if I can do the same with the sink in the sugar house. If i put it in the plan that I plan to drain the floor drain and sink into a dry well will I have issues? I am unable to connect to a septic system and am looking for the cheap "legal" option to avoid issues with inspectors down the road. Let me know what you guys are doing and whats the cheapest closest to legal options there are if my plan won't work.

Michael Greer
05-09-2017, 06:38 PM
This strikes me as one of those questions that you shouldn't ask. Do what makes good sense to you and don't suggest anything to the code people.

sap retreiver
05-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I concur. My floor drain and sink go to a drywell. There shouldn't be any issues with a sink, being only considered grey water

PerryFamily
05-10-2017, 05:06 PM
engineer here in VT told me that floor drains and sinks will have to be put into a designed septic system and RO water can be put right on the ground