PDA

View Full Version : 3/16 on Shurflo Question

mol1jb
04-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Hey all,

Working on finalizing my plans for 2018 setup. I will have a hybrid system with 120-150 taps on 3/16 with good drop and natural vacuum plus Shurflo to assist trees at the bottom of the hill/run. They will all converge into main line at the bottom of the run.

My questions is where to place the Shurflo pump. I could have power at both the 3/16 convergence location and tank location. From a sap sucker vacuum perspective will the setup function better if there is a manifold and Shurflo at the convergence point or at the end of the main line?

Thanks,
Jacob

Robert K
04-29-2017, 12:52 PM
I have ran a small Shurflo on a 3/4 main with 3/16 running into for 2 seasons now. I only have limited drop 8 ' at best. My pump is located on my tank and what I have found is that when I keep things tight the 3/4 acts like a small reservoir for the small pump. Although not ideal it has saved me lots of time collecting buckets, and increased sap amounts. A good deep cycle will go 32 hrs without solar.

motowbrowne
04-29-2017, 01:26 PM
I think either way would work just fine.

I installed my Shurflo at the end of the mainline and ran a short discharge line into the tank. Mainline and saddles are pretty easy to work with and cheaper than trying to come up with a manifold, so that's what I'd recommend.