sweetwater sugar shack
04-17-2017, 05:10 PM
What does everybody charge for 1.7 oz nip bottles have a order for 120

maple maniac65
04-17-2017, 07:34 PM
3.25 works for me

WESTMAPLES
04-17-2017, 07:55 PM
i charge $3.00 ea did the 1.7 oz handle nips for my own wedding , then everybody wanted more .... it was the nicest inexpensive gift , that turned into more new customers then i could shake a stick at

sugarman3
04-18-2017, 06:03 AM
$3.00 for any order over 100 bottle,have fun filling them if you don't have a vacumn bottler,borrow one if you know someone that has one.

Biz
04-18-2017, 08:16 AM
I just made 100 of the 100ml (3.7oz) plastic bottles for my daughter's wedding this summer. They are going on a plane ride so went with the lightweight bottles. Cheaper too.

Dave

milligkl
04-18-2017, 09:33 AM
How much do the 1.7 oz bottles cost-where do you get them from?

WESTMAPLES
04-18-2017, 09:50 AM
i don`t think you will need a fancy bottle filler, i did 2 boxes ( 96 in each ) in 40 mins with just a small nozzle bottle filler and i was capping them too. i bought the 1.7 oz galone handle nip bottles with caps for .65 cents each ( they are only sold by the case tho) from bascom`s when i was up there .

SeanD
04-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Your price will depend on the cost of the nip itself. Don't have one flat rate for nips unless each has similar overhead. My most popular nip is the oval with the embossed maple leaves. Honestly, it's beautiful, but it's triple the cost of the gallone. The price for each nip is a combination of the syrup, the container, and your time/labor. Figure out the syrup and labor as constants then factor in the container. Don't forget to factor in shipping if necessary. When you price your syrup and labor, consider the market you are in and the fact that you have a niche product. If all they wanted was syrup in a little jar they could buy it off Etsy for nickels on your dollar. Customers generally reach out to specific sugarhouses because there is something about you, your syrup, or your location that they like and they want to share it with their friends and family.

I recommend you give the customer a proposal with various price points then let them decide. Sometimes people want a basic, but special favor. Other times, they want to splurge and they want their guests to know they splurged. When people see the high-end container and choose the less expensive one, they feel like they are getting a value. When people see the lower-priced one and choose the more expensive one, they feel like they are getting something high end. Either way the customer is satisfied and you are compensated the same way.