PDA

View Full Version : Red Lion rlhe-150

Radnagel
04-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Anybody have this pump? Thinking about using it to transfer sap at the sugarhouse. Anybody know the GPM these pumps are rated for? My uncle found this pump in the box in the basement.

blissville maples
04-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Have two red Lion pumps from tractor supply.....They are on after initial problems....I will say this REPLACE the pull cord first thing it will break after about 4 pulls both of mine did....Also fuel tank needs venting, and the on off switch cut out so I just pull spark if off......But they work

Russell Lampron
04-13-2017, 06:04 PM
I have a Red Lion 2" pump and not sure of the model number. The only problems that I've had were that the pull rope broke and the fuel level indicator broke. The lens for the fuel level indicator is also cracked and it leaks a little fuel. It starts and runs good once the governor smooths out. I have to open the throttle real slow to keep it from surging.

For a Chinese knock off it has held up pretty well. I have been using it for 4 seasons now with no problems other than the pull rope and fuel level indicator. Luckily I was able to do a field fix to get the pump started when the rope broke. I replaced the rope with a good one from the local small engine shop and haven't had a problem since.

Considering what I paid for it I would buy another one if I needed to.

mellondome
04-13-2017, 09:13 PM
The pump in question appears to be an electric cast sprinkler pump...not a gas trash pump.

Radnagel
04-14-2017, 04:54 AM
The pump in question appears to be an electric cast sprinkler pump...not a gas trash pump.
Correct electric pump with 1 1/2 intake and discharge.